A fairly common social issue people have is that they're not sure how to make friends and put together a social life for themselves. There are quite a few ways someone can find themselves in this situation:
- They've moved to a new city and don't know very many people yet.
- They've been in a long-term relationship and have let their social life wither.
- Their old friends have slowly been dropping out of the picture (moving away, busy with work or a new family, etc.) and haven't been replaced by new ones.
- A large chunk of their social circle disappeared overnight, like everyone graduated from university and most of their friends moved out of the city.
- They feel like they've grown apart from their current friends and want to make entirely new ones.
- In the past they were happy being alone a lot of the time, but now they want to be around people more often.
- They never really knew how to make friends and have always wished their social lives were better.
- They've recently made a big lifestyle change such as deciding not to drink anymore, and need to develop a new social circle that's more suited to it.